We would like to introduce you to Penman, Style Hatch’s thirteenth premium Tumblr theme! Penman features an oversized layout and bold typography that allows your photos and videos to be boldly displayed in high definition and long text posts in a highly legible format. As always we give you all the customization options to completely change up the colors, layout, fonts and background images. Pick up Penman for your blog for $49!
Not only does Penman look fantastic on the largest resolution screens, but it also scales down beautifully to mobile devices. Go ahead and try resizing your browser window to see how the layout responds.
Added support for the new Spotify audio player, Pinterest’s ‘pin it’ button, and improved support for Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus buttons.
Penman has built in support for group blogs, sharing on Facebook and Twitter, Disqus, Flickr, and sites you follow. Also in the appearances options you’ll find nearly 30 social profile icon links.
Want ultimate control over the typography in Penman? Typekit is fully supported in Penman through the appearance options. Here are the basic steps involved in setting up Typekit for your site:
- Register for a Typekit account - https://typekit.com/plans Typekit offers several affordable yearly accounts, but you can always go with the free plan with access to their trial library.
- Browse through the library and click + Add to Kit after you’ve selected the body and title font for your site.
- While you have the Typekit Editor open go through the list of Weights & Styles (screenshot) selecting only the fonts that you need. This is typically regular, regular italic, bold and bold italic.
- Once you have your two fonts selected hit the green Publish button at the bottom right (screenshot).
- Go to back to Tumblr and open Customize > Appearance, find the Typekit ID field and paste in your Typekit ID. You can find the ID by opening the Typekit Editor and clicking Embed Code at the top right. You only want to copy and paste the 7-8 character ID at the bottom (screenshot).
- Now paste in the font-family values for the body, UI and title fonts into Customize > Appearance. You will find it by clicking Advanced below the Selectors on the left (screenshot).
Tip: Even if you don’t use Typekit you can use the Body, UI, and Title Font Family options to paste in other standard font-family fonts.
- Util Background - Set the background color of the top utility bar.
- Util Text - Change the text color for the links on the top bar (RSS, Ask, Submit, etc).
- Background - Set the background color used for the overall site. If you want to just show a solid background color make sure you clear out the background image option.
- Navigation - Sets the text color for the page navigation and site title.
- Aside - Changes the color of the text used to the left of each post.
- Accent - Pick an accent color that is used for various links, rollover elements and UI touches.
- Text - Set the primary text color used for posts.
- Text Alt - Changes the color of the alternate text used in some post elements and H3 title tags.
- UI - Pick the color used for UI elements (dotted lines, blockquote borders, etc) on posts.
- Frame - Sets the color used around post author icons, asked questions, and chat bubbles.
- Footer Background - Set the background color of the bottom footer area.
- Footer Text - Change the color of the text in the footer.
- Footer Text Alt - Change color of titles in the footer.
- Logo - Upload an image to replace the site title with a logo. Keep in mind that the sidebar is limited to 200px wide so size your logo accordingly.
- Util - Upload an image that is used at the background of the top utilty bar.
- Background - Upload an image to be used as the site’s background. With the “fill background image” option you can upload larger images that will stretch and fill to the browser size. Otherwise the background image will simply tile.
- Footer - Upload an image for the footer’s background.
- Enable infinite scrolling - With infinite scrolling turned on pages will continually load as you scroll down the page.
- Auto infinite scrolling - Automatically load the next page as you scroll down.
- Single column - Rather than using the two column layout of the post details to the left, this option will stack everything in one single column.
- Use post frames - Frames out each post in the white background. Disable this option to show the text directly on the background.
- Light util/aside/post/footer buttons - These four options allow you to display either a light or dark button in the top utility bar, aside to the left of posts, in each post (high-resolution link and read more), and footer.
- Light util/aside/post/footer text shadows - These four options allow you to set the text shadows to either light or dark button in the top utility bar, aside to the left of posts, in each post (high-resolution link and read more), and footer.
- Disable text shadows - Turns off all text shadows throughout the theme.
- Disable Google fonts - Check this option if you plan on using Typekit or another standard web font.
- Show portrait in description - Display your blog icon inside the site description
- Show sites I follow - Show a list of icons for the sites that you follow on the sidebar.
- Fill background image - Check this option to stretch larger background images to always fill the browser window. Otherwise the background image will simply tile.
- Repeat background image - Tiles the site’s background image.
- Fix background image - Locks the background in place so it does not scroll with the site.
- Show group blog details - If your site is setup as a secondary blog, and you invite others to be authors check this option to show the author list as well as author names below each post.
Penman give you the ability to change up various titles and bits of text throughout the theme. These options include: description title, social links title, authors title, following title, likes title, flickr title and footer copyright.
Extensions and 3rd Party Addons
- Disqus ID - Add your Disqus Site Shortname to enable comments for your site. Click here to register for a Disqus site account.
- Google Analytics ID - Ascender has asynchronous Google Analytics tracking built into the theme, all you need to do is add your site ID to this option.
- Clicky ID - For realtime tracking of who is on your site right now, goals, campaigns and Twitter monitoring add your Click ID. Clicky does charge for their analytics and tracking, but I highly recommend it for people who are stats junkies. Sign up for an account with Clicky.
- Flickr ID - Add your Flickr ID to display four thumbnails of your most recently uploaded images. To find your Flickr ID use http://idgettr.com
- Typekit ID - Add your Typekit site ID enable custom typography and font-face fonts for your site.
- Tweet Count - Sets the number of recent tweets to show in the footer.
Add URLs to display the following social site icons below your site description. Note: Make sure you add the full URL, including “http://”.
Behance, Cargo Collective, Delicious, Deviant Art, Digg, Dribbble, Ember, Etsy, Facebook, FFFFound, Flickr, Formspring, Forrst, Foursquare, Gowalla, Last.fm, Linked In, Rdio, Skype, Slideshare, Soundcloud, Stumbled Upon, Twitter, Vimeo, generic website link, Youtube, and your email address.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- nancym likes this
- vinkutetinhyeu reblogged this from penmantheme
- filmes-no reblogged this from penmantheme
- btx91 likes this
- alythebird reblogged this from penmantheme
- btx91 reblogged this from penmantheme
- isnarniainyournose likes this
- filmes-no likes this
- alythebird likes this
- ttttest2 likes this
- socratesisright likes this
- quotivation likes this
- alaliboutique likes this
- inthed-t--ls likes this
- lewesde reblogged this from penmantheme
- penmantheme posted this